The Eldorado Memorial Public Library is dedicated to providing access to knowledge and information through reading, writing, and quiet contemplation, and providing for patrons the right to use materials and services without being disturbed or impeded and providing patrons and employees with a secure and comfortable environment.
To ensure this library environment:
- A patron who engages in any activity which materially disrupts the use of library facilities, collections or services by patrons or ability of the staff to perform its duties shall cease such activity immediately upon request by library personnel.
- If the patron fails or refuses to comply, or responds in an abusive fashion, he or she will be required to leave the library premises immediately for the remainder of the day. If he or she fails to leave, the police will be summoned.
- Library personnel will record instances. Upon the fourth instance within a thirty-day period, the Director shall bar the patron from use of library premises for a period of thirty days.
- Patrons wishing to appeal action may send a written request to the Board of Trustees.
- If barred patron attempts entry to the Library during any such period of exclusion, the police will be summoned.
- In the event patron persists in abusive conduct or disruptive behavior, the Director shall report to the Board of Trustees who will consider a long-term exclusion of that patron.
- In the event of gross or extreme misconduct the Director has the authority to bar the person until the next meeting of the Library Board at which the board will consider what further action will be taken.
- Refer to Library Ordinance # 45 for complete information.
RULES OF THE ELDORADO MEMORIAL PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT
Adopted Feb. 3, 1992, Oct. 12, 1989
- NO LOUD TALKING IN THE LIBRARY.
- NO RUNNING IN THE LIBRARY BUILDING.
- TO REMAIN IN THE LIBRARY, YOU MUST BE BUSY READING, STUDYING, OR USING LIBRARY MATERIALS.
- NO ARGUING OR FIGHTING.
- ANY ATTEMPT TO ARGUE, HIT OR TALK BACK TO THE LIBRARIAN WILL BE GROUNDS TO BE BARRED.
- PARENTS OF MINORS WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF THEIR ACTIONS.
- LOITERING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED IN THE ENTRANCE OR OUTSIDE THE BUILDING.
- TELEPHONE CALLS PERMITTED TO CALL PARENTS.
- BICYCLES MAY BE USED TO COME AND GO FROM THE BUILDING. NO SKATEBOARD, ROLLER BLADES ALLOWED. BICYCLES ARE TO BE PARKED IN THE BIKE RACK.
- NO SMOKING. NO FOOD OR DRINKS ALLOWED.
- NO SOLICITATION ALLOWED.
- DO NOT LEAVE PRE-SCHOOL CHILDREN UNATTENDED.
- NO ANIMALS ALLOWED (WITH EXCEPTION OF SEEING-EYE DOG).
- NO DISRUPTIVE OR ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR ALLOWED.
- DO NOT LEAVE PERSONAL PROPERTY UNATTENDED.
- OBEY COMPUTER POLICY AND RULES